Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Artisan - Discover your Idol today!

Been a while since I last blogged. Today's post feature a new web-application that was created as part of the Human Computer Interaction Design module.

Artisan links fans to their idols through the power of Internet. Fans will be able to keep themselves updated on their artist status, music and progress in their careers. They will also be able to discover new artiste and get to listen to their songs in the application.

Thoughts
It was certainly quite a fun and challenging project given that the application was finished in 4 days. Being in-charged of the whole project reminds me of the time back in the days where I would do everything about the application itself from the code to the graphics.

Motivation
We were given the freedom to do any web-application with a nice interface and I knew from the start what I want in the end. Artisan was created more to solve my own problems then anything else. I guess that helps me to relate to the application even more. Firstly, I needed a central location to keep myself updated about the news of my idol. On the other hand, many of such information are combined together into gossip sites and magazines. It was never about the fans.

Process
Artisan was created using Chocolatechip-UI to render the mobile interface. That being the critical requirement of the project, I started exploring how a music platform would work given the mobile screen size limitation. It turned out quite well in the end.

End Note
I had fun doing this application, and hopefully I would have chances to do it again in the future soon.

Here are some fancy screenshots.



Small application, but it works.

Here's the link to try it all out:
http://jaychua.com/cs3240/artisan

Jay Chua



No comments:

Post a Comment