Sunday, May 4, 2014

MARIA - Desktop Based Task Manager

Developed under CS2103T module over at my studies in the National University of Singapore. MARIA poised to solve users dilemma when planning their daily routines and task.

Check out MARIA over here.
http://www.jaychua.com/showcase?id=10

First and foremost, what a heavy project it is. The project require us to developed a to-do task manager for a keyboard user. Together with my team, we were able to come out with a fairly good looking program. It looks good, could be better if we had the luxury of time. In my opinion, more options that are recognise by the program would be nice.

I was involved in the project as the guy who does the graphics. I was in-charged of making sure the program look nice. One of the project's requirements was to churn out a good GUI. A visualphile like me will not let go of the chance to satisfy this criteria. Doing it kinda fulfil my needs in exercising my right brain, hopefully my left brain don't mind.

Building under the QT Framework, I developed an animation system to deal with moving labels and images to accommodate the core purpose of the program. The result is a Windows like software that moves and flows smoothly. I am actually quite proud of it.

Enough said. Here is the demonstration video showcasing MARIA.


I think my post pretty much covers everything about MARIA.

Jay Chua
PS: Meanwhile, I am still very new to blogging. If there is anyone out there that do actually bother to read. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment